…the pregnant lady edition
I know I’ve been kind of lacking on the daily food posts lately so here is one that will show you just how exciting my food intake has been.
Breakfast (eaten around 7am)
My new favorite breakfast has been pumpkin oats. I’ve finally figured out the perfect recipe for me. The truth is that I love the whole “pumpkin spice” flavor, but pumpkin out of a can is kind of nasty. Tastes like baby food.
Here’s how I make my oats:
- 1 ¼ cup skim milk
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup or a little more pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1-2 packets of splenda
- Heavy dashes of cinnamon and pumpkin spice
- Trader Joe’s Valencia peanut/flax butter
- Heat 1 cup of the skim milk + the pumpkin on the stove on medium
- Stir in 1 tsp of honey and the cinnamon/pumpkin spice
- When the mixture bubbles, add the oats and stir
- Turn the flame to low
- Cook for about 5 minutes- add the extra ¼ cup milk during this process to keep the mixture smooth
- Add the raisins and let them cook in the oats for at least 1 min
- Add more honey, splenda, and spices to taste
- Top with peanut butter (optional)
Snack #1 (around 9:30am)
2 string cheeses and a large honeycrisp apple
Snack #2 (around 11am)
Cup o’ soup
Not all that nutritious but I needed something to hold me over until lunch and I always keep these in my desk.
Lunch (around 1pm)
Roast turkey breast (not deli meat), spinach, cucumbers, mayo on whole wheat, a yogurt, and an orange (which I actually ate later)
(The cucumbers make this sandwich! And I’d also like to note that I’m really into mayo these days. Excellent!)
Oh and look at what I found at Walmart on my lunch break! I didn’t get them because I wasn’t sure what to use them for. (pumpkin spice marshmallows + hot cocoa = yucky sounding)
Then I realized….Pumpkin spice rice krispie treats..DUH! I’ll have to go back for those suckers.
Snack (around 3pm)
2% cottage cheese cup (not pictured)
Orange (leftover from lunch)
Snack (about to eat this right now..)
2 hard boiled eggs
Leftover vegetable soup
Since I haven’t made it to dinner yet, I’ll let you know I have planned for the rest of the evening.
Dinner (around 7:30)
Whole wheat penne with tomato sauce, turkey meatballs, and Italian bread.
Spinach salad with olive oil and balsamic glaze
Snack (around 8:30)
Homemade dark chocolate pudding (recipe to come if it’s good!)
What did you eat today?